Technical problems with the Web
From Nick Jenkins
- Possible partial solutions: XForms? Standards compliance?
HTTPS incompatible with virtual hosting
- Problem: cannot have multiple HTTPS virtual hosts on one IP address on the standard HTTPS port.
- Result: hard to host SSL sites.
- Solution: need to change the HTTPS protocol to support virtual hosting.
Design of Frames sucks
- Problem: frames require multiple HTML pages, instead of one HTML page that includes everything needed to show the page.
- Result: unnecessarily harder to write pages that would benefit from frames.