Diplomacy strategy tips
From Nick Jenkins
Diplomacy strategy tips for newbies, in order:
- Only ever try to have one enemy at a time.
- If you make an enemy, then you go all the way and make sure they are completely destroyed, so that they can't come back and get you.
- Eliminate the strongest and the weakest players first - the strongest because they are the worst long term threat (so get them out of the way before they get too strong), and the weakest because they are easy pickin's for early growth.
- For determining a country's true ambitions, short of an outright attack the best demonstration of people's intent is what they build.
- No news is never good news. If you don't hear from someone, in your plans you may have to assume they're going to do something bad to you.