| Full Name
|| Nicholas Paul Jenkins
| Postal Address
|| P.O. Box 397, Summer Hill, NSW, 2130, Australia
| Year of Birth
|| Dual citizenship – Australia and the European Union (United Kingdom)
| Tertiary Education
|| University of New South Wales
1992 – 1995 B.Sc. in Computer Science
1996 – 1997 Computer Science Honours, Part time
Awarded First Class Honours
| Published Work
- N.JENKINS and T.GEDEON, Genetic Algorithms Applied to University Exam Scheduling, Proceedings of Australian and New Zealand Conference on Intelligent Information Systems (Dunedin, New Zealand, 24th- 28th November), pp 1034-1038, 1997
- SyncML: an introduction, its potential, its problems - published in LWN on April 8, 2009.
- June 1994 to December 1997, Part-time, Software Support Specialist, Digital Equipment Corporation
- January 1998 to May 2000, full-time, Software Support Specialist, Compaq Computer Australia
- Part of a small customer-service orientated group providing end-user, internal, second and third -level help desk over-the-phone support on a per-call or contractual basis to customers in Australia and New Zealand on a wide range of desktop, networking and development issues on the x86 and Macintosh platforms.
- June 2000 to Current, full-time, Managing Director, Calculix Pty. Ltd.
- Design, implementation, maintenance, marketing, support, sales, administration and management of two web-based applications for academic institutions that helps solve the problems of organising and planning academic timetabling.
| Certifications Achieved
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
- TCP/IP for Windows NT
- Networking basics for windows 95 & NT
- Windows 3.1
- Implementing and Supporting NT workstation 3.51
- System Administration for MS SQL server 6.0
- Implementing and Supporting NT server 3.51
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Product Specialist) Certifications:
- Excel 5.0
- Word for windows 95
- Microsoft Developer Stream Certifications:
- Windows Architecture I
- Windows Architecture II
- Visual Basic 5.0
| Industry Memberships
- Sydney PHP group
- SLUG (Sydney Linux User's Group)
- Linux Australia
| Skilled in
- PHP - since mid 2000, 9+ years, PHP 3.0.17 through to PHP 5, throughout whole product life-cycle (design, implementation, testing, debugging, maintenance).
- MySQL - database design, SQL queries, identification and remediation of slow queries, and automated local and remote snapshot backups.
- Linux (server and desktop) - system administration for co-located servers since 2000, using Linux as desktop O/S since August 2008.
- PERL, Java, shell/bash scripting.
- Server administration: Apache web server, packet-based firewalls, qmail.
- Wikis, especially MediaWiki, both core code and extensions.
- HTML and web authoring
- ANSI C / C++, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
- Visual Basic 5.0 and 6.0, Visual Basic for Applications macros and automation
- Microsoft Office 4.x, 95, 97, and 2000
- MS-DOS, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, Windows 2000
- Programming the Microsoft DirectX APIs
- LANs, networks, TCP/IP
- Macromedia Dreamweaver 3.0
- Good movies
- Games and game theory
- Contemplating the nature of the universe
- Skiing, despite the fact I'm not particularly good at it
|| Available upon request