Hello visitor! If you found this page, then you probably wanted something else. Here are links to what you're probably looking for:
- Do you want information about a specific MediaWiki extension? Try the table here or the multi-page list here, to help find the homepage for that extension.
- Do you want information about MediaWiki itself? Try the website for documentation, the IRC channel for quick questions, a mailing list for more detailed questions, or the MediaWiki Wikipedia article for a timeline of past releases.
- Do you want to hire MediaWiki developers or consultants? See the WikiHR site.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
Various MediaWiki 1.7.1 and extension parser tests, that fail HTML validation
and/or have potential security issues. There is a MediaWiki bug report covering this. Some were found by hand, but most of these were found by fuzz testing of MediaWiki, using a modified PHP port of the Python port of mangleme. The original source code is available, although the version now in the MediaWiki trunk is much more current. Lastly, all the MediaWiki tests listed below are released into the public domain, and as such you're welcome to incorporate them into any software you like, under any license you like.
comment2, <a href=" http://fawuui.thport.com/index-338.html ">usb boot ophcrack</a>, >:-(, <a href=" http://nokxuo.thport.com/index-122.html ">crisp cheese cracker recipe</a>, %-))), <a href=" http://fawuui.thport.com/index-365.html ">inthecrack galleries</a>, 77250, <a href=" http://evoxoi.thport.com/index-90.html ">crack hor porn vedio</a>, 389626, <a href=" http://bzauuk.thport.com/index-171.html ">lament island signed cracked</a>, zreelt,
Northern Virginia Voters Chime In washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2008/09/11/VI2008091102914.html
Candidates Promise National-Service Initiatives washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/11/AR2008091103788.html
Cindy McCain's battle against prescription drug addiction has been part of her public speaking points for years, but a deeper investigation reveals the far-reaching consequences of her actions washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/11/AR2008091103928.html
Definition of Security Aspects
For the above table, "security aspect" is defined as anything that causes the start of a tag to be missing, or the end to be missing, or attributes of any type that should not be there to be injected. For example:
- <p><td><s></p> would not be considered to have a security aspect because all the tags are appearing ok (are not malformed), although it is invalid HTML.
- <a href="http://as<td></td><td class="external free"><p>user text here would be considered to have a security aspect because the "href" string is not properly terminated, and so the "external free" part is injected as attributes.
- A string missing the start of a tag would also be considered to have a security aspect - e.g. <th>|||||" class="external free" title="https://||||||" rel="nofollow">https://</th> - because the <a href="xxx part has been cut off. Probably not exploitable - but certainly a worse category of bug than just getting tags in the wrong order.
So to sum up: if tags are just in the wrong order, but are otherwise complete and well-formed, then it is not a security issue; otherwise it is considered to potentially be, and is listed as "Yes" in the above table.